Looking for the top fun and interactive birthday party games for kids in Hyderabad?
Searching for the best ways to keep the children entertained and busy at your son or daughter’s upcoming birthday celebration?
Your search is over!
Here at Lock N Escape, Hyderabad’s premier escape room, we’ve hosted countless birthday parties for children at our Banjara Hills facility, which has given us a wealth of knowledge about games that can add an extra layer of excitement to your child’s special day.
Ready to make that birthday party unforgettable?
Read on to discover the top 10 kids’ birthday party games in Hyderabad, from classic favourites like musical chairs and scavenger hunts to novel adventures that are sure to keep the little ones captivated.
When it comes to adding intrigue and excitement to a birthday party, there’s nothing quite like a good old scavenger hunt.
This game not only provides hours of entertainment but also encourages problem-solving and teamwork – critical skills that kids are developing at this age.
How to Play Scavenger Hunt
- Begin by preparing a list of items or clues for the kids to find. These could be things found around your venue or cleverly crafted riddles that lead to specific locations.
- Divide the children into teams, hand over the list to each team, and explain the rules clearly.
- Set a time limit for the game. Once the clock starts, the teams must scatter around to find the items or solve the clues.
- The first team to return with all items or solved clues within the time limit wins the hunt. Don’t forget to reward the winning team with a small prize or an advantage in the next game.
In our list, the scavenger hunt comes closest to Hyderabad’s top themed birthday party!
Pass the parcel
There are few party games as universally loved as Pass the Parcel.
Simple yet engrossing, this game brings a delightful blend of anticipation and surprise to any birthday party.
It’s perfect for kids of all ages and is sure to bring forth plenty of laughter and cheer.
How to Play Pass the Parcel
- Start with wrapping a small gift or surprise in multiple layers of paper. You could add small treats or notes in some layers to increase the excitement.
- Have the children sit in a circle and play some lively music. As the music plays, the parcel must be passed around the circle.
- When the music stops, the child holding the parcel unwraps one layer. If there’s a treat or a note, they keep it.
- Continue the game until the final layer is unwrapped and the main gift is revealed. The child who unwraps the last layer is the winner of the game.
A classic game that never gets old, Musical Chairs brings a sense of rhythm and a bit of friendly competition to the birthday party.
This high-energy game is not only fun but also helps children enhance their listening skills and reaction times.
How to Play Musical Chairs
- Start by arranging chairs in a circle, facing outward. The number of chairs should be one less than the number of children playing.
- As the music begins, the children must start walking, dancing, or running around the circle of chairs.
- When the music stops, everyone must rush to sit on a chair. The child left without a chair is out of the game.
- Remove one chair and start the music again. The game continues in this manner until only one chair and two players are left.
- The child who manages to claim the last chair when the music stops is the winner!
Add a twist: You can play this game at our Inspire Café, amidst lively music and a fabulous setting, making the game more enjoyable and unforgettable for the kids. Transform an old classic into a new favourite!
Hide And Seek
Ann in the uk/Shutterstock.
A perennial favourite, Hide And Seek introduces an exciting element of mystery and suspense to any birthday party.
This timeless game, which encourages exploration and strategic thinking, never fails to trigger giggles and gasps of surprise from the little ones.
How to Play Hide And Seek
- Choose one player to be “it*.” This person will close their eyes and count aloud to a predetermined number, usually twenty or thirty, while the other children hide.
- After finishing the count, the ‘it’ player then sets out to find the hidden players. The aim is to find all players as quickly as possible.
- Once a hidden player is found, they’re out of the game. The last player to be found becomes the new ‘it’ for the next round.
- Continue the game for as many rounds as you like, rotating the role of ‘it’ among the children.
* Not to be confused with Stephen King’s “It”, as we’re sure you know!
Water Balloon Toss
The Water Balloon Toss is a refreshing game perfect for outdoor birthday parties, particularly during Hyderabad’s warmer months.
This wet and wild game provides plenty of laughter and helps kids develop their coordination and teamwork skills.
How to Play Water Balloon Toss
- Start by filling several balloons with water. Make sure to have enough for a few rounds of the game.
- Pair up the children and give each pair a water balloon. The pairs stand across from each other at a close distance.
- On your signal, one player from each pair tosses the balloon to their partner. If caught without bursting, the pair takes one step back to increase the distance for the next toss.
- The game continues until all the balloons have burst. The pair who manages to toss their balloon the furthest without bursting it is declared the winner.
You can level up the game with cool party favours in Hyderabad!
Pin the Tail on the Donkey
A well-loved classic, Pin the Tail on the Donkey is a birthday party staple that delights kids of all ages.
It’s a game that tests and improves the children’s spatial awareness while providing plenty of fun and laughter.
How to Play Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Hang up a large picture of a donkey without a tail on a wall within reach of the children.
- Prepare several ‘tails’ using paper or fabric, with a piece of reusable adhesive on one end. Make sure to write the child’s name on their tail.
- Blindfold the first player, give them a tail, spin them around a few times, and then point them in the direction of the donkey picture.
- The blindfolded player must then attempt to stick the tail in the right place. Once they have had their turn, it’s the next child’s turn.
- After everyone has had a go, the child who has placed their tail closest to the correct position wins the game.
The Egg Toss game is an exhilarating outdoor game that adds a thrilling mix of tension and laughter to a birthday party.
It’s a test of dexterity and teamwork, and while it can get a little messy, the joy and fun it brings are absolutely worth it!
How to Play Egg Toss
- Pair up the children and give each pair a raw egg. The pairs start by standing close to each other.
- On your signal, one player in each pair gently throws the egg to their partner, who must catch it without breaking it.
- If the egg is caught without breaking, each pair takes a step back to increase the distance for the next throw.
- The game continues until all eggs have been broken. The pair that manages to throw their egg the furthest without breaking it is the winner.
Pictionary is an interactive and educational game that keeps children engaged and entertained while helping them express their creativity.
This drawing and guessing game tests the kids’ quick thinking and communication skills and can quickly become the highlight of the birthday party.
How to Play Pictionary
- Divide the kids into two teams. Prepare a set of cards with words or phrases written on them. These could be objects, actions, people, places, animals, etc.
- A player from the first team picks a card and tries to draw the word or phrase on a large sheet or whiteboard without speaking or writing letters or numbers.
- Their team has to guess what they are drawing within a set time limit. If they guess correctly within the time, they get a point.
- The game continues with players from each team taking turns to draw and guess. The team with the most points at the end wins the game.
Red Rover is a classic outdoor party game that perfectly fits into the energetic atmosphere of a kids’ birthday party. This exciting game encourages teamwork and strategic thinking and is a great way for children to burn off some party energy.
How to Play Red Rover
- Divide the children into two teams and have each team form a line, holding hands, facing the other team.
- The first team chooses a player from the other team and says, “Red Rover, Red Rover, send [child’s name] right over.”
- The named child then runs towards the first team, aiming to break through their line by bursting through the linked hands of two players.
- If they break through, they get to take a player of their choice back to their team. If they don’t, they join the first team.
- The game continues with teams taking turns to call players over. The team with the most players at the end of the game wins.
Here are some kids’ birthday party ideas in Hyderabad that you can also check out.
The Sack Race is a hilarious outdoor game that never fails to generate peals of laughter at children’s birthday parties.
It encourages friendly competition and provides a great way for kids to improve their balance and coordination.
How to Play Sack Race
- Each participant needs a sack, which could be a large pillowcase or a burlap sack. The children should be able to step inside the sack and pull it up to their waist.
- Mark a starting line and a finish line. Have all the participants line up at the starting line, standing in their sacks.
- On your signal, the kids must hop to the finish line while remaining in their sacks. Falling over is part of the fun, but they must get up and continue hopping to the finish line.
- The first child to cross the finish line is the winner of the sack race.
Duck, Duck, Goose
Duck, Duck, Goose is a popular game that adds a dash of excitement and a lot of laughter to a birthday party. It’s simple, interactive, and a fantastic way for the children to burn off some energy while improving their reaction time and agility.
How to Play Duck, Duck, Goose
- Have the children sit in a circle, facing inward.
- Choose one child to be ‘it’. They walk around the outside of the circle, tapping each player’s head and saying ‘Duck’.
- Randomly, the ‘it’ child will tap a player’s head and say ‘Goose’. That person is now the ‘Goose’.
- The ‘Goose’ gets up and chases ‘it’ around the circle, trying to tag them before they can sit down in the ‘Goose’s’ spot.
- If ‘it’ succeeds in taking the ‘Goose’s’ spot, the ‘Goose’ is the new ‘it’. If ‘it’ is tagged, they remain ‘it’ for the next round.
Nothing screams ‘party’ like a colourful Piñata.
This festive game is always a hit with kids as it combines the thrill of mystery, the fun of competition, and the joy of sweet rewards.
Besides, who wouldn’t love a shower of treats on their special day?
How to Play Piñata
- Purchase or create a piñata filled with sweets, small toys, or other treats. Hang it from a tree branch or a sturdy ceiling point where there’s ample space for the kids to move around.
- Have the children line up and give the first one a stick. Blindfold them, spin them gently a couple of times, and let them swing the stick to try to break open the piñata.
- After a few swings, or if the player hits the piñata, it’s the next child’s turn. Continue until the piñata breaks, releasing its treats.
- Once the piñata is broken, the children can scramble to collect the treats!
A Relay Race is a high-energy game that introduces friendly competition to a birthday party.
It helps kids improve their agility and teamwork skills, and it’s always exciting to see which team crosses the finish line first.
How to Play Relay Race
- Divide the children into two or more teams. Each team lines up behind a starting line.
- Place cones or markers at a certain distance from the starting line for each team. This will serve as the point the children need to run to and then return.
- The first child in each team runs to their team’s marker and then back to the start, passing the ‘baton’ (this could be any object like a stick, a ball, or a spoon) to the next player in line.
- The next player then does the same, and this continues until all team members have run. The first team to have all its members complete the run wins the relay race.
Freeze Tag is a highly active and engaging game that’s perfect for outdoor birthday parties.
The thrill of the chase, combined with the suspense of freezing and unfreezing, makes this game a favourite among children.
How to Play Freeze Tag
- Choose one or two kids to be ‘it’. Their goal is to tag the other players.
- When ‘it’ tags another player, that player must freeze in place.
- Frozen players can’t move until another non-frozen player tags them to ‘unfreeze’ them.
- The game continues until ‘it’ has frozen all the players, or after a set time limit. You can then choose a new ‘it’ and start a new round.
Capture The Flag
Capture The Flag is an engaging outdoor game that requires strategy, teamwork, and agility, making it a brilliant addition to a birthday party.
This competitive game can keep the kids entertained for hours while helping them develop sportsmanship and strategic thinking.
How to Play Capture The Flag
- Divide the children into two teams. Set up a playing area and designate one end as the base for each team. Each base contains that team’s flag (this could be any object).
- The goal of the game is to capture the other team’s flag and bring it back to your base.
- Players can be ‘tagged’ when they are on the enemy’s side of the field, causing them to be ‘frozen’ or put in ‘jail’. They can be freed by a teammate who grabs their hand and runs them back to their side.
- The game ends when one team successfully captures the enemy’s flag and brings it back to its own base.
Questions people also ask about kids’ party games in Hyderabad
Which games we can play in birthday party?
There is a wide range of games that you can play at a birthday party, depending on the age group and interests of the children.
Some of the most popular ones include:
- Scavenger Hunt,
- Pass the Parcel,
- Musical Chairs,
- Hide and Seek,
- Water Balloon Toss,
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey,
- Egg Toss,
- Red Rover,
- Sack Race,
- Duck Duck Goose,
- Relay Race,
- Freeze Tag,
- Marco Polo, and
- Capture The Flag.
What do you play at a kids’ birthday party?
Kids’ birthday parties are all about fun and games!
Popular choices are traditional party games like Musical Chairs, Pass the Parcel, Duck Duck Goose, and Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
Other options can be more physical games like Sack Race, Relay Race, and Water Balloon Toss, or more strategic games like Scavenger Hunt and Capture The Flag.
How do you entertain kids at a birthday party?
To entertain kids at a birthday party, it’s important to plan a variety of activities that will keep them engaged.
Organising interactive games like Hide and Seek, Relay Race, Musical Chairs, or Scavenger Hunt is a great way to keep the children entertained.
Having a theme for the party can also add an extra layer of excitement.
What games to play at birthday party indoor?
For an indoor birthday party, consider games that don’t require too much space.
This could include Pass the Parcel, Duck Duck Goose, Musical Chairs, Pictionary, or even an exciting game of Scavenger Hunt around the house.
Also, check out our birthday party packages for a unique and fun-filled party experience for the kids.
How do you keep kids busy at parties?
Keeping kids busy at parties involves planning a schedule of activities to keep them entertained. Games are a great way to do this.
Whether you opt for traditional games like Musical Chairs and Pin the Tail on the Donkey or choose more adventurous ones like a Scavenger Hunt or Water Balloon Toss, the key is to keep the momentum going.
Also, consider having craft stations, a face painting booth, or a magic show for added fun. If you have access to an escape room, it can provide an engaging group activity for older kids.
Lock N Escape – a fun children’s birthday event option in Hyderabad
Imagine a birthday party where the kids are captivated by thrilling adventures, and you’re free from the stress of organising.
That’s exactly what we at Lock N Escape offer.
Our escape rooms deliver adrenaline-packed fun that’ll have the young ones raving for years.
Meanwhile, we handle everything – from setting up themed decorations to serving up a feast and that all-important birthday cake.
At Lock N Escape, you’re not just throwing a party; you’re gifting an unforgettable experience while we lighten your load.
Visit our birthday party page to learn more.
Top games for children’s birthday parties in Hyderabad – key conclusions
Choosing the right fun and interactive games for a children’s birthday party in Hyderabad can make the celebration even more memorable.
Classic games like Musical Chairs, Scavenger Hunt, and Capture the Flag never lose their charm and are excellent for keeping the kids engaged and entertained.
You can also consider incorporating the immersive escape rooms of Lock N Escape, turning your party into an adventure the little ones will talk about for years to come.
And contact us if you want to have an escape room birthday party for your children in Hyderabad!